Yoo Ah In tweets a few days ago and as is popular these days, the tweets made news (don’t you think reporters’ lives have been made really easy with Twitter?). Well anyways, these tweets have actually been translated by Rxgoodleaf at Soompi, but I didn’t realize that the MBC Special he mentioned, referred to the show where Tablo goes back to Stanford University to clear his name against the Netizens’ (TaJinYo/We Demand Truth from Tablo) accusations that Tablo faked his degree from the prestigious school.
Yoo wrote his own sentiments regarding the scandal. Here are the tweets and translations.
1. 우물에서 바라 본 하늘은 개인의 사실이지 세상의 진실이 될 수는 없습니다. 뒤늦게 mbc스페셜을 봤어요. 아주 두서없고 긴 글이 쓰고싶어집니다. 사건은 끝나도 상처는 아물지 않고 현상은 계속될 겁니다.
1. Looking up into sky from a well is just the individual’s reality and can not be world’s truth. Saw the MBC special late. Makes
me want to write a long and rambling letter. The incident is over but the wound remains and the situation continues.
2. 나의 세대에요. 우리와 당신들의 세대입니다. 인터넷과 범람하는 정보의 시대. 이 모든것들을 임의로 이용하고 받아들이며 우리는 우리가 가진 필터가 온전한지 항상 경계하고 수시로 점검해야 할겁니다. 무지보다 무서운것이 편협한 지식이라눈 것을 절감합니다.
2. It’s my generation. It’s our and your generation. The age of internet deluged with information. We need to utilize it and accept it at will but we should constantly check our filter, whether or not it’s sound (unimpaired). I strongly feel that narrow-mindness is more scary than ignorance.
3. 개인의 상처에 나는 책임이 없다고 나와는 상관 없는 일이라고 외면할 자신이 있나요 여러분은? 그의 눈물은 모두가 반성하고 함께 치유해야할 시대의 상처일겁니다. 내게 오지랖이 남아있어 다행이군요.
3. Can you turn away saying an individual’s wound is not my responsibility and has nothing to do with me? His/Her tears are a wound of the time (age) and everyone should examine (reflect) and heal together. I am glad that I am meddlesome still.
credit: Rxgoodleaf @soompi for translations, Yoo Ah In twitter
To be honest, at first I thought it was Tablo who was being such a whiny guy. I mean Netizens will always be curious and probing, especially the scary Korean netizens. I thought he didn’t have to counter those slanders that desperately. It would only feed the accusations. But the more I see the progress of this scandal, the more I root for Tablo. Obviously these netizens have too much free time and lots of loose screws in the head because they JUST refused to acknowledge that they are wrong, despite Stanford already issuing evidence that Tablo did attend there and did graduate from the school.
I liked how Yoo says that being narrow minded is scarier than being ignorant cos it’s really true about this case. Ignorant people don’t know what they should know, but narrow minded people know what they should know but they just don’t want to accept it. Well, I’m just glad Tablo did get to clear his name. Let’s wait for Epik High comeback!
BTW, is Yoo really twenty freaking four??